Thursday, August 4, 2011

Faux Etched Glass Framed Quote - Tutorial

Pin It

Today I combined two things that I had laying around here into this:


It cost me $6 to make this...

Very simple, but I really like it. So in case you want to make your own, I just took some pictures.

I started out with a picture frame from Walmart.


And a wall decor sticker from Dollar Tree.
They have several neat wall quote stickers - no, I don't get paid to say that, I just like to browse that place ;)


I took the glass out off the frame, and applied the sticker.




 Then, I used a box knife to cut off the back of the frame, that was attached to one of the sides. 


Since the hooks of the frame were attached to the part I took off, I had to find something else so that I could hang the frame later. After a quick search through my hubby's tool box I found these little guys:


Perfect for the job. I used a hammer to attach them. (If you want hooks, make sure to do this BEFORE you glue the glass to the frame.)  


Next, I used some E-6000 to attach the glass to the frame.
If you use that stuff, follow the directions on the tube. 


I put some books on the glass to weigh it down while the glue dried.

And voilĂ :


Think it looks really neat, and think it would even look better on a colored wall.


Another quick, cheap and easy project :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Crafted by KatieB said...

I love this! It looks very simple. I just got a vinyl saying at TJ Maxx...just might use your technique on it. Thanks for sharing!

Mixed Kreations said...

Nice wall art. I like it best on the colored wall, seem to pop out. Thanks for sharing your wonderful tutorial.