Monday, January 23, 2012

You are a-MAZE-ing: free Valentine Printable note cards

Pin It

This year, we are making these Valentines:


Miniature heart-shaped mazes, attached to a card with the text
"You are a-MAZE-ing"

I didn't come up with the idea myself, I saw it here.

When I happened to see little heart-shaped mazes at the Dollar Tree, I just had to have them :)


Fortunately, my daughter liked the idea, too...

I made little cards to go with them in Word.
We printed them on textured card stock.



We used adhesive tape to attach the hearts to the little card.



We rounded the corners with a corner punch, and added the adhesive. 
In the picture below you can see a strip of adhesive if you look well...
The hearts can simply be put on it, the mazes stay in place, but can be taken off without glue sticking on the back of them.


Simple and cute...


It took me some time to figure out how to line them all up so that all cards would be exactly the same size (I am kinda compulsive that way, they just all HAVE to be exactly the same). 
I decided to share the document in case someone out there wants to use it, too.

Click on the following link to download the free PDF document
FREE "You are a-MAZE-ing" DOWNLOAD


Nine small cards print on a 8.5 by 11 size sheet.
Make sure you change the print settings in Adobe Reader where it says "Page Scaling" to "None".

The backs can be personalized. (Before the hearts are attached.)

The small cards could also be glued to a bigger sized card.

Enjoy!
Pin It

I linked up to Sugar Bee Crafts

Pin It

8 comments:

Alexis said...

They look great! Thank you so much for linking to me :) have a great Valentine's Day,
Alexis

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Love it! I just saw those at the Dollar Store yesterday and was trying to think up something cute to do with them. Great job! I hope you will come by and Link Up to the I Heart Projects Party I am having on my blog.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Thanks for sharing the printable, they are super cute!

JennyLyn said...

Thank you for sharing.

Steph Jacobson said...

Thanks for sharing! I saw some of these mazes at Michael's so I'll be heading back tomorrow with my coupon in hand!

Steph Jacobson said...

Thanks for sharing! I saw some of these mazes at Michaels so I'll be heading back tomorrow with my coupon in hand!

Anonymous said...

I am having trouble downloading this printable! For some reason it's not working. I've never had this problem before.
It is super cute!

Mariska said...

I just tried the link, and it works for me, so I am not sure what the problem could be.
If you want, you can give me your email, and I can send you the PDF in an email. (You can email me at the address in my profile, just put "amazing printable" as the subject.)