Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Teacher appreciation gift

Pin It


We made this gift for the teacher of my oldest daughter.

She is a GREAT teacher, and we wanted to give her something to show that we appreciate her.

So we gave this glass jar, filled with Hershey's Nuggets, wrapped in cute apple paper.
The paper and other supplies I used are scrapbooking supplies that I have had for a while.



With my Silhouette Cameo I cut her name in vinyl to personalize the jar.

My daughter helped me cut a 12 by 12 inch sheet of scrapbook paper into 48 pieces that were 1 by 3 inch each. That is: I positioned the paper, and she moved the knife of my paper trimmer...

(First cut it into 12 1 inch strips, and then cut each strip into 4 equal pieces.)


On the top of the jar I made this label.
I sketched the apple by hand to match the apple on the paper.
Then, following that pattern, I poked holes in the cardstock, and stitched the apple by hand.
She colored the apple.


Together we added the scrapbook paper to the bars, using adhesive.

I used the following bag of Nuggets. It holds about 50 pieces: just perfect: we ate 2 and wrapped 48.


(I got the jar and the candy at Target.)

We hope she likes chocolate!


Shared at Sugar Bee Crafts.

Pin It

No comments: