Monday, May 3, 2010

Flower Cupcake Toppers

Pin It


We made some colorful flower cupcake toppers to decorate our cupcakes for our flower-themed birthday party. It's fast and easy, and the kids really liked them.
You will need the following tools and supplies:

* colorful cardstock
* flower shaped punches
* wooden skewers
*adhesive
*double-sided foam tape
*scissors

I was worried about the sharp end of the skewer, so I just trimmed them with scissors. My skewers were pretty short to start with, you can trim them to any desired length.

Next, punch out your flower shapes. I punched two of every shape, so that back and front of the flower looked the same. Assemble 2 flowers.

Put one flower right side down, and put the skewer on top of it. Put a piece of the foam tape on top of this as pictured below.


Next, remove the protective strip, so that the adhesive part shows.
Then, cut 2 smaller pieces of foam tape and put them one both sides of the skewer, like pictured below. This should bring the tape up to the level of the skewer.

Remove the protective strips and stick the other flower on top of it.

Repeat for more flowers!!
I linked this up to:



Show and Tell Green

Making

BWS tips button


Pin It

4 comments:

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Those are so cute! Punches are so handy; they're my new best friend.
I'd love if you linked this up to my Scrappy Saturdays: http://myscrappygifts.blogspot.com/2010/05/12th-scrappy-saturdays.html

Mariska said...

I just linked it up to your blog. I like your blog!! Thanks for checking out my blog!
Mariska

Lauren said...

Too cute!

Julianna said...

Cute! I'd love for you to link up for Flower Week @ Singing Three Little Birds. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-linky-party.html