Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Flower canvas wall art - a tutorial

Pin It


A few days ago I tackled this project.

It had been on my to do list for a while, 
and when my husband was out of town this weekend, 
I parked the kids at the table with a craft,
and joined them with my own project...

I have seen a similar project with petals cut out of fabric,
but I decided to use scrapbook paper.

I loved how easy and quick it was!

Here is a list of materials needed:

* Canvas
* Craft Paint (background)
* Mod Podge
* 5 coordinating scrapbook papers

Tools: 
* Foam paint brush
* Scissors


 Begin by squirting some paint on your canvas.
Use the foam brush to spread it evenly.


Let dry and repeat if necessary.
(Since I used a dark color, it took 2 layers.)
Don't forget the sides.


Then, cut petal shapes from the patterned paper.
No need to be precise, I just freehanded them.
This is a very simple, basic shape, and that is why the project comes together so quickly.


Lay the petals on the canvas.
I liked to start somewhere off-center, and let some of the petals run off the canvas.




One petal at a time, glue the petals onto the canvas with Mod Podge.


I just glued the petals onto the sides too, I always like it when the print of a canvas continues on the sides...


Trim off extra pieces on the back.


That's it!

Simple, right?!

The whole time I was working on it, I thought I would put it up vertically.

But I like it this way, too...



I linked up to Positively Splendid.

Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I just found your blog and I love it :)