Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Doily Love...

Pin It

Photo source: Creative Passage

A few weeks ago I saw this pretty doily garland on this blog.

Ellen used some colorful doilies to create this awesome garland.

I happened to find the same doilies at Michaels a week or so after I saw her blog post, and I got some with the intention to create a similar garland. They're so cheap, even though I like to crochet myself, at $1 a piece I couldn't resist...
But I liked them so much, that I decided not to cut them up (yet), so for now I use them as a table runner instead:


I like the instant pop of color it adds to our decor.


This is such a fun and easy project. 

You can just sew them together using some transparent thread.

Or even skip the sewing all together, and just lay them out side by side...


Or be brave, and cut them up and create the garland that I mentioned in the beginning of this post.


I linked up at Sugar Bee Crafts.

Pin It

1 comment:

EllensCreativePassage said...

I am loving how the red and blue looks together...I didn't even get any of the red ones! Love the table runner! Thanks for linking back to my blog!