Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rose Basket Tutorial

Pin It


Don't you just love to get pretty flowers?
I do, but I always feel sorry when the time comes I have to throw them away.

But my one of my favorite flowers happens to be roses.
And, roses can be dried pretty easily!
I made this rose basket with hardly any supplies,
and roses that would have gone into the garbage otherwise.

Do you want to make a rose basket of your own?

Here is a tutorial, it is really simple!

Supplies:
  • Roses
  • Basket
  • A few sheets of (old) sheet music

1. When you have roses that are getting old, take them out of the vase.
Tie the stems together with a rubber band or twine.
Let the roses dry, by hanging them upside down in a dark place.
(Closet, garage, etc.)

2. Once the roses are dry, you are ready to start your basket.
Get some sheets of sheet music.
If you want it to look old, you can copy it onto tan/yellowish paper.
(This is also a good idea if you want to keep the originals neat.)

Optional: Cut the edges of the paper with deckle scissors and use brown chalk or stamping ink to make the edges of the paper darker.

Wrinkle the paper and kind of straighten it out again.

3. Fill the basket with the papers.

4. Trim your roses to desired length and add to the basket.

I linked up to:

Show and Tell Green

Pin It

1 comment:

Sheri@childmade.com said...

I absolutely love anything done with sheet music, but absolutely never think to use it. And linking it with roses is a perfect combo! Well done! Thanks for linking ... please come again!